Orlando is the Best Place in the World to Celebrate Halloween
This fall, Orlando goes from being not only the “theme park capital of the world”, but also the “Halloween capital of the world”, with over 130 Halloween theme park event nights – plus destination-wide festivities – that range from extreme scares for adults and teens to frights for the family.
Events for Teenagers and Above
Haunted houses with cutting-edge technology, cinematic-grade scares, an outdoor haunted forest, and a zombie walk are just a few of the adrenaline-pumping options guaranteed to send even the biggest “kids” screaming, and then coming back for more.
- Halloween Horror Nights 27 at Universal Orlando Resort, bringing nightmares to life for hair-raising entertainment. For the first time ever, the iconic Stanley Kubrick film The Shining will get its own maze at this year’s Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando, beginning in September. This year HHN will run longer than normal, spanning 34 nights beginning on Friday, Sept. 15, through Saturday, Nov. 4, 2017.
- Spooky Empire, the largest horror convention in the nation, taking place Oct. 27 – 29, 2017. Bigger than ever, this year’s lineup of celebrity guests includes Millie Bobby Brown from the hit Netflix series “Stranger Things,” and popular comedian and musician, “Weird Al” Yankovic. Other thrills and chills at the convention include a tattoo festival, costume contest, zombie walk and film festival.
- Howl-O-Scream at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, select nights Sept. 23 – Oct. 30. For those who can’t get enough of menacing mayhem, Howl-O-Scream is just a quick trip outside Orlando. Offering haunted houses, creepy characters and a lot of dark corners, this year’s “Evil Encore” theme includes two new haunted houses and the eerie fantastic Fiends Show.
Events for All Ages
Orlando’s family fun reflects a mischievous mood in the fall with a boo-nanza of events where kids can celebrate with monsters and villains, dress in costume and trick-or-treat in some of the world’s most beloved locations.
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Walt Disney World Resort. On select nights August 25 – Nov 1, 2017, the Magic Kingdom comes alive with jack-o-lanterns, special characters and entertainment for the whole family to enjoy. Encouraged to come dressed for the occasion, visitors can trick-or-treat throughout the park and encounter favorite Disney characters. Guests can groove with Disney-Pixar film characters from Monsters, Inc. at the Scream-O-Ween Dance Party, sing along at the Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular and end the night with a fireworks show nothing short of boo-tacular.
- SeaWorld’s Halloween Spooktacular, where guests are immersed in an underwater “fantasea” that includes up-close animal encounters, trick-or-treating, playful pumpkin fish and sea-themed arts & crafts. Guests can also reserve seats for Sesame Street’s Countdown to Halloween for the chance to interact with beloved characters. The fun takes place every weekend in October.
- Brick or Treat at LEGOLAND Florida Resort, select nights from Oct. 1-31. At this spooky, kooky celebration, guests can trick-or-treat, participate in LEGO building activities and even join a scavenger hunt through the park. Other highlights include the world’s largest LEGO jack-o-lantern, LEGO Halloween characters like Vladimir the Vampyre and a bewitching Halloween-themed fireworks show at Pirates’ Cove.
- The Crayola Experience, featuring “monster mania,” where guests can trick-or-treat while exploring 25-colorful-hands-on attractions including creating monster-ific crafts and taking pictures with their ghostly characters during the whole month of October.
- Zoo Boo Bash at the Central Florida Zoo and Botanical Gardens, offering a night full of ghoulish fun in the wildest neighborhood in town. Guests can trick-or-treat, enjoy face painting and participate in costume contests on select nights, Oct. 22- 30.
- I-Drive 360 will cast an orange illumination on the Coca-Cola Orlando Eye in celebration of Halloween Oct. 29 – 31. In addition, trick-or-treating, a live DJ and costume and dance contents create fun for the entire family.